- Use of motivational training techniques & how to teach them.
- Relaxed compliance - teaching for calm and control.
- Loose Lead Walking
- Name recognition
- Targeting (uses & how to teach)
- First incremental introduction to finding "heel" position
- The "how-to's" of Weaning off food lure
- Command cues - verbal and hand signals
- Proper leash handling
- Use of marker words and feed-back to your dog
Although you may not at first realise it, Pro-K9's training approach even at this level gears your dog so that once the Foundation Level pass criteria is met, he or she will already be partly on the way to learning 'stay' work, an exercise which is advanced at the next training level (see "Elementary Level" component link).